Want to publicise your KOMO quality mark?May 5, 2021
Do it the right way!
Want to draw attention to your KOMO certification? Great idea, we’re pleased to hear it!
The KOMO quality mark can be shown in your marketing communications whenever you use KOMO certified products and installation companies or you market KOMO certified products. However, it is important that you do this correctly, the KOMO logo and the KOMO word mark may not be used ‘any old way’.
In this article we explain how you can apply the various KOMO quality marks, otherwise mistakes are easily made.
What distinction is made between the KOMO logo and the KOMO word mark?
Your certification body will issue your certificate and the KOMO logo and/or word mark at the same time. Only KOMO certificate holders are permitted to use the KOMO marks.
The KOMO logo stands for the quality achieved as regards a product, building process or service provided under a KOMO certificate. This is why only KOMO certificate holders are permitted to use the (legally protected) KOMO logo. The KOMO word mark is intended for holders of a KOMO attestation or KOMO management system certificate.
Rules for the use of the logo and word mark
Below we list when you are permitted to use the KOMO logo and when you are permitted to use the KOMO word mark.
- The use of the KOMO logo (black logo) is only permitted to holders of a KOMO (attestation with) product certificate, process certificate or service certificate, but not to holders of an attestation or management system certificate
- The use of the KOMO logo (or, if desired, the KOMO word mark) with or on supplied products is only permitted to holders of a KOMO (attestation with) product certificate and only for those products that are actually certified. The KOMO logo (or if desired the KOMO word mark) is always accompanied by the relevant certificate number
- All holders of a KOMO certificate, attestation or management system certificate are permitted to use the KOMO word mark in their public communications
- Suppliers who purchase and market KOMO certified products are permitted to show the KOMO word mark (without a certificate number) on their documentation regarding those KOMO certified products, but are not permitted to show the KOMO logo.
- Companies that use KOMO certified products themselves are permitted to show the KOMO word mark (without a certificate number) on their documentation regarding only those KOMO certified products, but are not permitted to show the KOMO logo.
- Companies that work together with KOMO certified process certificate holders for the installation or application of KOMO certified products are also permitted to show the KOMO word mark (without certificate number) on their documentation regarding the KOMO certified processes, but once again, they are not permitted to show the KOMO logo.
- Finally, there are also other organisations, such as cooperation partners of the KOMO Foundation, which have received written permission from KOMO for use. They generally use a blue and white KOMO logo and not the black KOMO logo.
Unfortunately, incorrect use of KOMO quality marks regarding products, building processes and/or services does occur. Improper or incorrect use results in unfair competition. If you discover or suspect irregularities, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +31 (0)85 – 486 24 20, so that we can take appropriate measures.